The old chestnut - is TCP necessary?

Marc Thach Xuan Ky marc.thach at arriwoogle.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 17:18:45 UTC 2004

The servers in question are acting as caching servers querying the
Internet on behalf of client population who are unlikely to be running
anything other than an MS stub resolver.  The security guys stance is
that unless it can be demonstrated that a particular query will cause
truncation, then they will only allow UDP query/response from the
clients and to the Internet.
Marc