Weird DNS resolving issue

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Thu Sep 16 18:32:47 UTC 2004

Are the named.conf files identical? Do you use forwarding? To the same
forwarder or different forwarders? Are you going through a firewall, and
is the firewall configured with identical rules for the two nameservers?

As for the external DSL nslookup failures, that's probably just the
combined effect of nslookup's idiocy about reverse-resolving nameserver
addresses, plus the fact that the xxx.xxx.122.62 address doesn't
reverse-resolve on the Internet. Using a real lookup tool like dig,
which doesn't have this reverse-lookup "feature", avoids these kinds of
problems.

- Kevin