key *, any key, in named.conf

Stefan de Konink skinkie at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 15 03:59:38 UTC 2004

Hello,

Currently I'm using 9.3.0RC4 of Bind to run SIG(0) as authentication. I
finally made it to run SIG(0) on incomming requests. My only future
problem is this:

At the moment every key that is available in the SIG(0) zone needs to be
entered 'as key' in the named.conf initial zone configuration.
I want to know if it is possible to only grant key requests to query that
specific zone.

allow-query { key testkey; }

Works if it is entered as key, but i want to allow ALL KEYS and only KEYS
to query. So I was thinking about key *; or something like that, which
obviously ended in a: query 'localhost/A/IN' denied.

Thanks for your help,

Stefan de Konink