BIND 9.2.4rc8 Multithreading on Win32

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Tue Sep 14 04:38:07 UTC 2004

At 12:35 AM 9/14/2004, Danny Mayer wrote:
>At 09:46 PM 9/12/2004, Vinny Abello wrote:

>>>The IXFR is initiated by the client, not the server. If the server is
>>>unable to
>>>handle IXFR the client falls back to AXFR. If they're running BIND 9 there
>>>should be no problem.
>>
>>If the server isn't lying, they're running the same version that I am
>>now. 9.3.0rc4. I was assuming it was AXFR because I didn't see mention of
>>IXFR in the logs... but now that I'm looking at it. I don't see either.
>>Is there an easy way to tell from the slave side what's happening? I
>>don't see much reference to what the zone transfer types are in the logs
>>unless they're from my server to a slave.
>
>If it's running 9.3.0 then it certainly can handle IXFR. You need to specify
>it on your side and they need to allow it on their side. See section 6.2.18
>of the ARM. You need to specify request-ixfr for the zone and they need
>provide-ixfr for the zone. It's to their benefit to do this as it lessens
>the load
>on the server.

Thanks. I'll look into it.

<snip>

And thanks for all your other comments and information!

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.