Windows 2003 AD

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Mon Sep 13 21:17:56 UTC 2004

> Vinny Abello wrote:
> > allow-update should have IP addresses in it, not a key file.
It should have an key file in it (normally) but with Windows-DNS it only
works with IP-adresses.

> I updated
>
> allow-update { 10.1.1.0/24; };
>
> now I get
>
> The SOA query for _ldap._tcp.dc_msdcs.hq.arkonnetworks.com to find the
> primary DNS server returned:
> This operation returned because timeout period expired. (error code:
> 0x000005B4 "ERROR_TIMEOUT")
>
> Should I do a CNAME for _ldap._tcp.dc_msdcs?

No. Now you have to look at your nameserver: What does he write in his
logfiles?
What do you get, if you ask with dig for the SOA?

--
NEU: Bis zu 10 GB Speicher für e-mails & Dateien!
1 GB bereits bei GMX FreeMail http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail