Run my own DyNIP

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Fri Sep 10 16:39:33 UTC 2004

Brian Andrus <batman at thundermail.com> wrote:
> Ok, I am deploying a mesh network of sorts and some of the devices
> need to have dynamic IPs.
> I want to be able to have my own DNS server which will manage the
> names for these devices. Some of the devices support things like
> dynip. I would like to use that functionality to get it to register
> its IP with my DNS server.

> Anyone know how to go about this or where to get the info on how?

> Brian

I have s primitive example program that accepts a single UDP packet
from a client, and with the information in the packet + the sending
ip-address adds a record with nsupdate.

It has zero security ( that is anyone could send a packet), but i have be=
en
thinking of adding som md5 hash on a "per-client" password. Anyone=20
with the time is free to modify it.

ftp://ftp.manet.nu/pub/dynupdate.tar

--=20
Peter H=E5kanson        =20
           Sorry about my e-mail address, but i'm trying to keep spam out=
,