domain.local

Sten Carlsen ccc2716 at vip.cybercity.dk
Fri Sep 10 07:07:01 UTC 2004

Hi

I used .local as my tld, it worked fine with bind until I got a MAC.
The tld .local is reserved for service discovery at least for MACs in a
system called mDNS (muticast DNS). The result was that the MAC would not
resolve much, the rest worked fine.

The only solution I could find was to change to .home and then later to
a "real" domain name, also for public use.

--
Best regards

Sten Carlsen

Let HIM who has an empty INBOX send the first mail.