"DNS server for Windows XP?"

John Coutts administrator at spam.yellowhead.com
Tue Sep 7 21:05:24 UTC 2004

In article <chl06u$2kek$1 at sf1.isc.org>, swcols at hotmail.com says...

>Is there such a thing as a DNS server for windows xp for use on a
>windows XP only home LAN network (no server)?
>
>If there is is it secure?
>
>Also, I am running a firewall router.
>
>Thank you.

SimpleDNS Plus runs very nicely on any Windows setup, and it is relatively easy
to work with. If you want it to communicate with the outside world (which I
presume you do), you will have to allow UDP port 53 through your firewall to
your DNS server. That can usually be done very easily providing you are using
fixed IP addresses on your home network (rather than DHCP served).

J.A. Coutts