BIND 9.3.0rc4 is now available.

Paul Vixie vixie at sa.vix.com
Sat Sep 4 21:13:15 UTC 2004

Ronan Flood <ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk> writes:

> > 1700. [func] nslookup is no longer to be treated as deprecated.  Remove
> >       "deprecated" warning message.  Add man page.
>
> Oh?  On what basis?  Opinion here appears to be that nslookup is, well,
> best avoided ...

it's certainly a utility which everyone loves to hate.  however, they have
to have it in order to hate it, and by deprecating it, we discovered a whole
bunch of people who loved their nslookup-hate more than they hated nslookup.

so, you should not use it.  use dig instead.  but we have to keep shipping it.
--
Paul Vixie