local DNS

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Sat Sep 4 04:39:17 UTC 2004

At 12:30 AM 9/4/2004, Tang Ho Yim wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Something make me confuse.
>I didn't config the "root hint zone" in the local DNS server configuration
>file "named.conf".
>But I can still resolv internet domain, why ?
>
>Thanks !

Root hints are built into the source code of BIND 9 and aren't needed...
although I still feel more comfortable configuring them anyway.

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
Server Management
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)300-9211 x 125
(973)940-6125 (Direct)
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those who understand binary and
those that don't.