Going crazy! -- "Sending Notifies" not working on Redhat Enterprise v3??

raiden at wonko.inow.com raiden at wonko.inow.com
Fri Oct 15 03:31:49 UTC 2004

> > Bind 8 seemed to have no problem sending notifies to a slave server that
> > was defined by a CNAME record.  Does anyone know if this is an official
> > change?
>
> 	You are confused.  BIND 8 and BIND 9 only look for A/AAAA and
> 	in some versions A6 records.

Actually, you're right.  The behavior that I'm noticing is that in BIND
9.2.1, even if the NS are defined by CNAME records, when the slave is
restarted it DOES connect to they master server and get the new zone.

However, in BIND 9.2.4rc6, the slave server does not do that when it is
restarted, when the NS is defined by CNAME records.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter... because with NS defined by A records, the
master does send out notifies, so we don't even need to restart the slave
server, since it gets the zone transfer when the master notifies.

Thanks everyone for your help,
-Raiden