Bind 9, Wildcard Records and Road Runner

Anthony Eden anthony at sdc-hawaii.co.mp
Sat Oct 9 19:23:47 UTC 2004

Paul,

I am concerned that ddns will not suffice.  As it stands we would need
to add an RR for each host added to the system (for example, we would
add an RR for ai.mp).  The problem is that there would still be no SOA
for each host, if I understand correctly. Please correct me if I am
wrong.  I am under the impression that the use of wildcards is filtered
by looking for a corresponding SOA and thus if we appended RRs to the
.mp zone file then we would still end up with no SOA, is this correct?
Perhaps you can briefly explain how ddns would help?

Sincerely,
Anthony Eden