Divided Permissions for DDNS?

Tom Schmitt TomSchmitt at gmx.de
Thu Oct 7 15:35:06 UTC 2004

Hi,

I run a Bind 9.3 with DDNS authenticated via TSIG, which works fine.

Now I have a domain in which more than one source must have the rights to do
dynamic updates via TSIG.
Is there a way to avoid collisions? To give the right-permissions in a way,
that a record that is written by source_A not could be deleted by source_B?

And, one step further, is it still possible for an administrator to have the
rights to delete records regardless of the ownership by source_A or
source_B?

Thanks,
Tom.

--