Using ACL's for "Also-notify" doesn't Work for Me.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Oct 4 18:00:52 UTC 2004

	I recently pup an ACL in named.conf like:

acl "locals" {
192.168.50.219;
192.168.50.50;
 192.168.60.1;
192.168.26.1;
192.168.70.1;
};

	Later, I placed a line in named.conf for a given zone of the
form:

also-notify {
locals;
};

	The named.conf file passes the named-checkconf syntax test but
when one actually tries a rndc reload command, the following is
printed in the log:

./etc/named.conf:192: expected IP address near 'locals'
Sep 30 13:20:31.118 reloading configuration failed: unexpected token

	What could I be doing wrong as I have used ACL's in other
parts of the file with no problem.

	Thank you very much.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
OSU Information Technology Division Network Operations Group