More on-- Is this setup OK?

Ronan Flood ronan at noc.ulcc.ac.uk
Thu Oct 21 15:18:11 UTC 2004

"Ian Wark" <ianshoko at ybb.ne.jp> wrote:

> [martyskinder.dip.jp.zone]
>
> $TTL 86400
> @         IN SOA   martyskinder.dip.jp. ianwark.hotmail.com. (
>                         2003072400    ; serial
>                         3H            ; refresh
>                         15M           ; retry
>                         1W            ; expiry
>                         1D )          ; minimum
>
> www       IN CNAME     martyskinder.dip.jp

You seem to be missing several things.  Try this

$TTL 86400
@         IN SOA   martyskinder.dip.jp. ianwark.hotmail.com. (
                        2003072400    ; serial
                        3H            ; refresh
                        15M           ; retry
                        1W            ; expiry
                        1D )          ; minimum

@         IN NS        martyskinder.dip.jp.

@         IN A         220.31.5.149

www       IN CNAME     martyskinder.dip.jp.

I'm assuming that's the right IP address for your server.
Also note the '.' on the end of the www cname.

--
                      Ronan Flood <R.Flood at noc.ulcc.ac.uk>
                        working for but not speaking for