caching question

David Botham DBotham at OptimusSolutions.com
Thu Oct 21 13:30:35 UTC 2004

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 10/21/2004 05:11:39 AM:
> Hello,
>
> as far as I know, when secondary nameserver asks primary if his zone is
> up-to-date, it just checks for serial number. What about
> non-authoritative (caching) nameserver?

And to be clear on one issue, caching name server do not transfer zones.
The only data they get from other name servers is discovered through the
resolution process.  The other posts on this problem describe how bind
uses TTLs...

hth,

Dave...