Notify over Tcp?

Mischa Diehm mischa+fhf-news at mailq.de
Thu Nov 25 19:28:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

I read the following statement in rfc1996:

   3.4. The transport protocol used for a NOTIFY transaction will be UDP
   unless the master has reason to believe that TCP is necessary; for
   example, if a firewall has been installed between master and slave,
   and only TCP has been allowed; or, if the changed RR is too large to
   fit in a UDP/DNS datagram.

Now since this is exactly what I need so I wonder if it is possible to make
the master believe that it is necessary to use TCP?

Thanks in advance,

    Mischa

--
If deadly radiation knocks on your door, do not answer!