How to specify a name server in user program

nishant nishant80 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 10:46:20 UTC 2004

Hello all,
I need to write a program to contact multiple name servers. The
selection of a name server should be done based on the domain in which
the host lies.

For example:
If I am quering for abc.example.com then I would like to set the
nameserver as 10.53.0.1. If I am querying for xyz.example.com then I
would like to set the nameserver as 10.53.0.2 and so on.

My question is:
Is there any way of doing such a thing in the program without
disturbing the resolv.conf file? Or in other words,
Is there any API provided to set the name server's IP address in a
user program?

Any kind of help is most welcome. Thnx in advance,
Nishant