View issues in Bind 9

Guy Wassertzug guyw at infostructures.com
Wed Nov 24 17:41:00 UTC 2004

I implemented Bind 9 with the Views feature in order to be able to
present internal clients with private/internal/nonroutable IP addresss
and external clients public addresses for those same hosts. As such, the
different views of the named.conf reference internal and external zone
files. But something goes wrong about once a week (probably at the end
of the cache cycle), and our private addresses get mysteriously
published to SOME name servers on the internet for half a day. It's a
mystery we haven't been able to duplicate or nail down. Can anyone offer
some assistance by looking at our named.conf?

/Guy Wassertzug
InfoStructures, Inc.
(301) 417-7171
fax (301) 417-7177