Redundant data in zone file.

SilentRage bind-users at dollardns.net
Tue Nov 16 18:31:18 UTC 2004

With similar domains that share dns records, I certainly do specify multiple zone {} blocks in named.conf that refer to the same file.  You just have to be careful to never explicitly indicate any one of the domains that use that file.  Use nothing but relative hosts and '@' to refer to the zone name.  Sure makes updating all three zones much easier.

Dave

--- Reply to: bob prohaska <bp at fib.eecs.berkeley.edu> ---