NEWBIE - simple question.

kpipeg kpipeg at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 12 11:30:59 UTC 2004

Hi folks!

FOA I must recognize that I have no idea about DNS configuration and I
basically would like to know if it is possible one configuration
before I start to learn the whole thing.

I basically would like to have one web-server say www.mydomain.com
which will be accessed by all requests which contain mydomain.com  ie
w2k.mydomain.com - ttt.mydomain.com - kkk.mydomain.com. where w2k, ttt
and kkk do not have their own entry in the DNS configuration files.

Is it possible to have such configuration without specifying hundreds
of servers or DNS protocols require specific ips for specific domain
name?

Cheers!!

K PIPE