master server advertersing to slaves

phaniraj ranganath hrphani at yahoo.co.in
Thu Nov 11 17:13:59 UTC 2004

Hi,
In slave server we mention information about master server from where it has to poll data. Whereas in master DNS server,when a zone file is edited ( serial value incremented) & named is reloaded , the master server will notify slaves for incremental zone transfer. I wanted to know how master server will find the slave servers information because we don't specify any information about slave servers in master server configuration.
Hoping some answer.

Thanks,
Phaniraj