BIND 9.3.0 crash on Win2k3

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Nov 11 02:17:42 UTC 2004

At 11:44 PM 11/6/2004, Vinny Abello wrote:
>Anyone else experience this with BIND 9.3.0 on Windows 2003?
>
>Faulting application named.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module ntdll.dll,
>version 5.2.3790.0, fault address 0x00008a3c.
>

>No other more descriptive errors in the event log and nothing in the BIND
>logs. This is the first time this has happened and BIND 9.3.0 has been
>running nonstop on a total of three like servers. I haven't run it in the
>foreground with debugging levels raised and waited for it to crash, no...
>it'd probably take several weeks or longer if it would happen again.
>
>Just curious if anyone else has experienced this particular problem.

About the only way to figure this out is to rebuild BIND in debug mode and
run it under the debugger and wait for it to fail. The debugger will show
you where it failed. Unfortunately this is not an option for most people.
The above error message is just not enough to figure out even where there
was a problem with the code.

Danny