bind 9.2.4 --new queries take > 4 seconds

Uwe Gansert ug at suse.de
Mon Nov 8 10:19:43 UTC 2004

On Saturday 06 November 2004 00:59, Kevin Layer wrote:

> This is on SuSE 9.2, though it happened on 9.1, too.
>
>    # dig +stats iii.com
[...]
> Almost 4.6 seconds.  After the first time, it's fast (a few ms).

I can not reproduce this. I tried it with different queries but it always=20
takes just some ms but never more than a second.

> Ideas, anyone?  I'm at wits end on this...

you can try the 9.3.0 RPMs in my people directory but I hardly believe this=
=20
will solve the problem.
ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/ug/RPMs/

=2D-=20
ciao, Uwe Gansert

Uwe Gansert, Server Technologies Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 N=FCrnberg, Germany
e-mail: uwe.gansert at suse.de, Tel: +49-(0)911-74053-0,
=46ax: +49-(0)911-74053-476, Web: http://www.suse.de     =20