using acls in also-notify doesn't work -- alternative?

Drew Schatt schatt at schatt.com
Fri Nov 5 00:16:52 UTC 2004

	My suggestion is to create a file, named also_notifies.txt, containing
the line "also-notify { ...; };" (basically, copy your current line to
that file. Then, instead of each also-notify line, use "Include
/etc/namedb/also_notify.txt;". That way, you'll only have to modify
that one file and then issue a restart (possibly a reload, I'm not sure
if included file's modifications are checked on that) to get the change
to take effect in all the places it should.
	If you have more questions, let me know, and I'd be happy to work with
you on it.
	-Drew Schatt
	(formerly schatt at usc.edu. :) )

On Nov 4, 2004, at 2:18 PM, Phil Dibowitz wrote:

> So we have a little over 100 zones. Each of which has an identical
> "also-notify" line. This is because if you define an acl and put that
> in the
> also-nofity line it errors:
>   Nov 4 21:59:51 kaus.usc.edu in.named[6652]: [ID 866145 daemon.error]
>   /etc/named.conf:267: expected IP address near 'notifies'
>
> Is there an alternative way to do this, rather than having to update
> 104 lines
> when we need to update that list? Not that that can't be script in your
> favorite editor, but still...
>
> Bind9, Solaris 8 & 9, chroot, chmod, SPARC.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Phil Dibowitz
> Systems Architect and Administrator
> Enterprise Infrastructure / ISD / USC
> UCC 174 - 213-821-5427
>

> -- Attached file included as plaintext by Ecartis --

----
Drew Schatt