updates to contrib/sdb/zone2ldap.[c1]

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Tue Nov 2 10:21:30 UTC 2004

The current zone2ldap have a number of problems. Especially
with newer OpenLDAP servers.
- It (OpenLDAP server) is _very_ (understatement of the year!? :)
  picky about the correctness of object structures etc.

  The current zone2ldap is missing STRUCTURAL object classes
  in all objects leading up to the actual DNS zone (-c in
  param list).

- Also, I'm using ACI's (in-object Access Control Information)
  which means unless I hack the ACL (Access Control List) quite
  heavily, I'm not allowed to write the zone information.

- My server(s) don't allow WRITE unless high security is in
  place (SSL, TLS or ldapi). Zone2ldap didn't allow neither
  of these connection types...

- Sometimes I just don't like to WRITE information to the
  LDAP server. I like off line generation...

My two patches fixes all these problems. Please update the
bind source(s)...

[sorry for not signing this mail, but my version of GNUS is broken]

-- Type: text/x-patch
-- Desc: zone2ldap.c

-- Type: text/x-patch
-- Desc: zone2ldap.1