getipnodebyname

tushar.agarwal at wipro.com tushar.agarwal at wipro.com
Mon May 31 04:09:17 UTC 2004

Hi

	I am working on HP-UX 11i/aCC compiler 3.45, I was using an api
getipnodebyname which was working fine if I link my binary without
linking -lbind ( -lbind was required for DNS lookup code written inside
the same binary I am making), If I include -lbind while linking my
binary that getipnodebyname call is being resolved by libbind not by OS
lib and giving error. I want my api to be resolved by Os library not
from bind. How I can do that.

	If bind library is not ipv6 enabled or does not work on dual
(ipv4/ipv4) enable server ? We have compiled libbind from 9.2.3 suite of
BIND.

	Thanks in advance.

	/BR

	Tushar