dynamic DNS *NOT* DHCP

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sun May 30 04:53:54 UTC 2004

I want to rig up something to do dynamic updates in my BIND 9 server
for my home IP and a few other possibly dynamic (but mostly static) IP
addresses.

I guess I could set up some sort of key authentication and use
nsupdate, but I don't want to have a dynamic zone. Maybe a subdomain;
could I delegate a sub zone to myself (the same server) and have that
one be the dynamic one? I don't see why not.

I could also rig something up with wget or a script to ssh in and run
on the server, but I thought I'd ask and see if anyone has already done
this. I'm not getting much out of Google for this.

Suggestions or clue-by-four's will be appreciated. Code would be even
better. :)
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header