8.4.4 reverse zone problems

Chris De Young chd at arizona.edu
Wed May 26 01:55:21 UTC 2004

> >I try to avoid Bad Things if possible. What is the correct way to handle
> >this type (/20) of delegation?

You have to delegate it in 16 chunks, on octet boundaries.

> No, those would be out-of-zone records. I'm not sure what Jim was
> getting at above

That was me -- sorry, it probably wasn't helpful; the point was merely
that the number of records in the zone isn't necessarily dependent on
its level in the hierarchy.

I thought there was some thought that the problem may be related to
the size of the zone and, for example, "192.20.10.in-addr.arpa" is
automatically smaller than "20.10.in-addr.arpa."  In fact, you don't
necessarily know anything about which zone has more records in it.

Kevin is more articulate than I.  :)

Thanks,
-C