multiple CNAMEs revisited

Chris De Young chd at arizona.edu
Wed May 26 00:20:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 25, 2004 at 04:49:15PM -0700, CS wrote:
> This is a testy subject, and I'm fully aware that what I want/need to
> do is not allowed.

Since you know that all bets are off, I guess I'd say try it and see
if it works.  :)

> I need to add two more smaller servers to this cluster, so I'd like to
> alter the weighting in DNS.

With the exception of MX records, I don't know of any mechanism within
bind to give more "weight" to one record (of the same type) over
another within the set of records for a particular label.  Doesn't
mean there isn't one that I don't know about though...

-C