Want BIND 9.x to write ANYTHING into Syslog...

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Fri May 21 23:58:03 UTC 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 16:24, Axel Werner wrote:
> I tried several docs on bind but im still not sure and it seems its
> still not working. i want my BIND DNS Server (under SuSE 9.0) to log
> ANYTHING to Syslog (/var/log/messages) OR ANYTHING to a File.

Are you saying that it's not logging at all? If so, is it a chroot'ed
install? If so you simply need a /dev/log socket in the chroot, and
tell your syslogd to listen on that socket.

If you're using the typical old BSD syslogd, you add the socket on the
syslogd command line: "-a $BIND_CHROOT_PATH/dev/log". I don't know how
syslog-ng would handle this.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header