Caching only nameserver fails to resolve external zones periodically

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Tue May 18 08:05:30 UTC 2004

Your tcpdump trace shows your server making queries. There was no need
to provide ~300 lines of essentially identical output. 4 or 5 would
have been enough. However you didn't run tcpdump properly so we can't
see if your server got any replies back. That means we don't know if
your firewall is allowing your DNS traffic through. If it doesn't,
fix that. If it does, your name server should now be working just fine.