BIND BOTTLENECK: internall 90 seconds query timeout & recursive-clients limit

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Tue May 18 07:16:45 UTC 2004

> I think this will actually only be a problem if *all* the servers for a
> domain are down.  BIND keeps track of past response times for servers,

one more comment, the above situation when *all* servers for a domain
are unreachable becoming normal today, it was not so frequent two,three
years back, but today's viruses, and other vicious software can easily
bring some poorly set up domain down.

And other recursive bind servers with their customers inflected by the
same viruses will possibly have severe performance problems without even
a single line in the log, effectively telling the administrator, "I have
some so minor problem it doesn't even worth logging it, I can handle
it..." can it really handle it?

Ladislav