Just one record fails

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Mon May 10 15:08:39 UTC 2004

In article <c7o5ic$bk9$1 at sf1.isc.org>, a.r.kuiters at kpn.com wrote:

> Barry,
>
> The servers from zone mnc001.mcc208.gprs are from an other mobile operator
> and we don't know how the servers look like.

Well, I think that's where the problem is.  Your server needs to ask
those servers recursively, and they're probably sending back conflicting
nameserver information that doesn't work properly.  This is being cached
on your server and being used in preference to the delegation records
until it times out.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA