Multiple Origin Statements

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Fri May 7 22:33:14 UTC 2004

In article <c7gn3c$1veb$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
 "Saunders, Shawn" <SSaunders at mednet.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Yes, Barry, I guess I will request them to delegate those specific IP's. But
> I am curious, if I setup these zone files won't that stop my DNS server from
> resolving IP's in those zones, that are not delegated to me?

Since each zone would just be for a single IP, what non-delegated IP's
are you talking about?  Your named.conf file would look something like:

zone "111.ccc.bbb.aaa.in-addr.arpa" {
};
zone "222.eee.bbb.aaa.in-addr.arpa" {
};
zone "333.fff.bbb.aaa.in-addr.arpa" {
};

Your server would continue to use normal mechanisms for looking up all
other aaa.bbb.x.y addresses.

Barry Margolin, barmar at alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA