Named Dies

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon May 3 20:35:17 UTC 2004

Matt <nospam.hciss at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I setup a Linux box running Trustix Linux 2.1 that I want to use as a simple
> caching DNS server.  Trouble is that Named seems to die after running for
> about an hour or two.  I think it might be a hardware issue since I have had
> a lot of trouble getting any Linux distributions to install on this
> Supermicro board with SATA.  Is there anyway to setup Named so it
> automatically restarts if it dies?

> Matt

Using shaky hardware is always risky, there is no software that
can solve all combinations of broken hardware,

Why don't you fix the hardware  or get another hardware for the
task of running a nameserver ? There is no need for SATA on a nameserver host,
in fact the less "features" and "services" you run there the better
your nameserver will run.

--
Peter Håkanson