force zone transfer from stealth slave

René Matthäi matthaei at gmx.de
Fri Mar 26 12:08:40 UTC 2004

Hi,

what is the proper way to force a zone transfer of all zones (or at least to
initiate the test if serial has changed, hopefully followed by a zone
transfer) _from a slave_? Does a simple "rndc reload" do the job?

I don't want to use "also_notify" because the stealth slave is situated in a
private network and I don't want to make a port forwarding on the firewall.

Probably shutting down the slave, deleting the zone files and restarting it
would do it, but that's supposably not the proper way...

Greetings,

René Matthäi