Zone transfer updates

Holdsworth, Matthew Matthew.Holdsworth at cwcom.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 08:56:33 UTC 2004

Kevin,

In my BIND8 server, using this type of config allowed zone transfers to be
made between the master and itself, itself being the one that pulled the
data from the master. Is this not possible to do now using BIND9?

The architecture I have here is as follows:
I have one master and a secondary, then a number of slaves around ths
country. I need to get these slaves to recieve zone transfers from the
secondary master.
In BIND8 this would have worked and it would not have complained about this
'allow-update' option.

One thought, is this 'allow-update' option anything to do with zone
transfers after all this?

Matt

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited