Zone transfer updates

Holdsworth, Matthew Matthew.Holdsworth at cwcom.co.uk
Fri Mar 12 17:30:14 UTC 2004

Dear All,

I've just upgraded our BIND version from 8 to 9 and have discovered a
difference which means it aint working now!!! So, was wondering if you kind
chaps could point me in the right direction.

This is the part of the config that seems to be the bother:

options {
        directory "/etc/namedfiles";
        datasize 100M;
        listen-on { 10.10.10.10; 20.20.20.20; 30.30.30.30; };
};

zone "myzone.one.two.three" IN {
        type slave;
        file "db.myzone.one.two.three";
        masters { 99.99.99.99; };
        allow-update { 99.99.99.99; };
        allow-transfer { none; };
};

This was used in the BIND 8 version of our named.conf. However, when using
this same config file on our BIND 9 installation we get errors stating that
the 'allow-update' option cannot be used in the slave zone
'myzone.one.two.three'. These appear when trying to start named process.

Please bear in mind we're running this on a Solaris UNIX installation.

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Regards

Matt

The contents of this email and any attachments are sent for the personal attention
of the addressee(s) only and may be confidential.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any use, disclosure or copying of this email and any attachments is
unauthorised - please notify the sender by return and delete the message.  Any
representations or commitments expressed in this email are subject to contract.

ntl Group Limited