'Blackholing' certain domains

phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu phn at icke-reklam.ipsec.nu
Mon Mar 8 22:25:31 UTC 2004

Jason <jwilliams at courtesymortgage.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone.

> I just put up a BIND 9 server for our company intranet. Everything is
> working great (Better than expected really :) ).

> Anyway, I want to block certain domains so my users can't get to certain
> services, specifically IM stuff.

Then make a master zone, i'll show an example ( don't do this
at home as i'm only showing an example " :

In named.conf :
zone "doubleclick.net" {
        type master;
        file "db.doubleclick.net";
};

And in the file named "db.doubleclick.net" :

$TTL 600
@       IN      SOA     bore.hk.ipsec.se  hostmaster.manet.nu. (
                2002102901 21600 3600 1209600 600 )
        IN      NS      bore.hk.ipsec.se.

A file lacking 'A' records.

Now, some browsers might type nasty icons and experience timeouts,
then create a wildcard pointing to a webserver showing
a small icon ( a stop-sign or something simular)

--
Peter Håkanson