DHCP names not resolving locally on DNS/DHCP server

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Sat Mar 6 05:52:02 UTC 2004

if you have solaris, there is another file to update, which is
/etc/nsswitch.conf

you have to specify you want to use dns.
hosts	files	dns

you can run 'nestat -na' to see, where (port/ip) your server is
listening, perhaps it listens only on your physical interface. wherever
it listens put this in your /etc/resolv.conf...

Ladislav