Negative caching config

J Marquez sunsol19712003 at yahoo.es
Wed Mar 3 10:02:52 UTC 2004

We are pretty new by configuring DNS. We would like to activate "negative cache" in our Cache DNS's. We have searched the archives to look for a specific procedure, but haven't found anyone (sorry, if this question is alredy solved in one of them). We think we have to add
"max-ncache-ttl <time_to_live_of_caching>
in named.conf but not sure if its necessary additional steps or it does matter the position of this line inside named.conf
Also for a cache DNS, what would be the ideal TTL for Negative Cache?

Can anybody can help us out?

Thanks in advance and best regards.