More Re: DNS + Web Interface

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Tue Mar 2 19:26:22 UTC 2004

[top-posting fixed]
On Tuesday 02 March 2004 12:09, patrick.hulman at cox.net wrote:
> > From: /dev/rob0 <rob0 at gmx.co.uk>
> > Perhaps I missed something ... how is this different from the
> > existing Webmin module? I used it to help myself get started a few
> > months back, and it seemed to be good enough.

> webmin looks pretty good if you have a couple of zone, but try it
> with something like 1500+ zones and it's unusable.

I would be curious to know how much a GUI would improve the efficiency
of maintaining so many zones ... if at all. My suspicion is that it
would tend to get in the way.

Right now I have just a handful of zones in BIND. I also do occasional
dabbling in the Zoneedit Web interface on behalf of customers. I find
that it's more efficient to edit my zone files and "rndc reload" than
it is to point-and-click through Zoneedit's GUI in the browser. YMMV.
    or "not-spam" is in Subject: header