DNS problem

HuMPie humpie at grunn.org
Tue Mar 2 19:19:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

No you don't need to open broadcast traffic on your router( it's
definily has it's reason that it's closed, don't think this is the place
to tell why)
The only port's the DNS traffic's use is:
- UDP port 53 for resolving
- TCP port 53 for zone transfers

I don't know how you configured your VPN's but that's out of the scope
for this ML but normaly DNS traffic works fine if you allow UPD traffic
on your connections.

If it's still not working try to sniffer your network on both site's and
see if the packet reach the other site or if he even try to go over your
VPN connection.

Best Regards,

HuMPie @ Grunn.Org

mrtg.grunn.org Dutch mirror of MRTG
www.webdns.info Dutch private DNS hoster
Motto:
Writing software is more fun than working.

Disclaimer:
All you do with the suggestion in this mail is you responsibillity even
if your system will crash :)