named_dump.db

Ladislav Vobr lvobr at ies.etisalat.ae
Tue Mar 2 05:34:48 UTC 2004

>>Is there any way I can see the IP address of the server the data came
>>from in the bind9 cache or named_dump.db file?
>

> I don't think bind9 records this information.  It can't dump it if it
> doesn't remember it in the first place.

hmm, dnssec is still far away from real deployment, dns spoofing is not
so hard, and bind8 has this, but bind9 consider it not useful any
more??, administrators of recursive servers should just guess from where
it might have come, or keep snooping perhaps it comes again... I don't know.

lame.log the same, ip address disappeared, you don't know which parent
told you about this lame, perhaps the parent might have had a problem...

Ladislav