OT: Forwarding to your ISP

Kirk Strauser kirk at strauser.com
Wed Jun 30 16:36:51 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 2004-06-30 11:26 am, Jim Reid wrote:
> This may have been valid 15-20 years ago when a campus would have a
> 56k link to the net and every packet on the WAN mattered. But not today.

I would've thought it would be more a matter of server load than network
load.  Put another way, if every one of UUNet's customers queried UUNet's
server instead of mine, my DNS load would be significantly lighter.  Not
that it's bad, mind you, but I'm also not serving DNS for many wildly
popular domains.