BIND 9 AAAA record problems

Todd T. Fries todd at fries.net
Tue Jun 29 14:44:08 UTC 2004

If the application choses its own error prone mechanism that does not
fallback to v4 when v6 fails then there are issues the application users
should loudly protest.

Anything that uses getaddrinfo should program a routine similar to
ssh_connect() in openssh .. namely a 'for()' loop that loops through
addresses for the host and trying each one in sequence until the
connection succeeds...

Anything else is just asking for trouble in a dual stack world.