Reverse DNS delegation problem

Chittaranjan Mandal Chittaranjan.Mandal at iitkgp.ac.in
Tue Jun 29 07:27:11 UTC 2004

[Reply to message from "Kevin Darcy" on Tuesday 29 Jun 2004 3:59 am]

> Do you have forwarding enabled within the part of your named.conf you
> didn't show? Forwarding would override delegation. In order to cancel
> forwarding for the 10.in-addr.arpa hierarchy, you'd need to add
> "forwarders { };" to the apex zone definition.

Thanks, your solution worked. But I would like queries that are not served by
my local name server to be actually forwarded to some other name server.
How can that be done? Note that this particular nameserver is in a local subnet
and cannot directly communicate with the external world.

-Chitta