Determining which domains reference a particular nameserver

Dennis Julien dennis.julien at cloakware.com
Mon Jun 28 23:38:37 UTC 2004

In "never-ending saga" news, Network Solutions seems to be holding a glue
(or other) NS record referencing one of our A-record servers.  To make
things worse, they reference it with an incorrect IP.  This problem
manifests itself in GTLD servers giving out an incorrect IP address when the
host name is used unless a lookup from the local zone file is performed
(i.e, not often).

Is there any clever way to determine which domains (regardless of TLD)
utilize a particular nameserver?  NetSol insists that nothing is attached to
the hostname, but they're obviously mistaken.  I'm extremely tired of
hearing "wait 45-90 days for the cache to flush".

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

__
Dennis