windows server not connecting to BIND 9 server

xippy dapinhead vze7ekc6 at verizon.net
Mon Jun 28 20:59:54 UTC 2004

Hi:

I've got a local subnet (192.16.1.x) that's NAT'd behind a firewall.

I've got a BIND 9.2.3 server running on RH9...it's on 192.168.1.200

I've got a Win2K server on 192.168.1.202

The NS is accessible to the outside world. I've set up two views, one
for the 192.x.x.x machines and one for the outside world.

When I query the NS from another box on the subnet, it correctly
resolves the local IPs for various domains.

The Win2K server, however, can't seem to get through to the NS. If I
set the local NS in the TCP/IP properties and do an nslookup, I get no
response...the request times out.

If I switch the NS to some public servers outside my subnet, the Win2K
server connects fine.

Any reason why it won't connect when the NS is set to a 192.x.x.x
address?